Susan Cochrane was among the first to be recognized as a specialist in treating stuttering. She is Board Certified as a Specialist in Fluency and Fluency Disorders (Stuttering/Cluttering). Ms. Cochrane h0lds a Master's Degree; is licensed in Speech and Language Pathology and has worked in the field for 34 years.
What can Susan Cochrane and Freedom to Speak do for you?
Ms. Cochrane has spent a career helping those who stutter and their families overcome, manage and move forward to communicate with ease. Ms. Cochrane treats people of all ages who stutter. Peruse the website for more information!
SCHOLARSHIPS are available for ALL people seeking relief from STUTTERING!
The 2015 Intensive Treatment Program was a fabulous success. Take a look at the photos from this summer's event. We are currently in the process of planning for 2016!
- God has truly worked a miracle, through you, in Zach's life, in such a huge way. This program was so much more than he bargained for and we, as his parents. We are forever grateful for the opportunity you have provided for Zach. Thank-you for opening your home and teaching Zach confidence in speaking-this has truly been a blessing.
- Miss Cochrane, Thank you for being a great influence in my life. You are the greatest teacher I have ever had. Thanks for teaching me to see the better side of stuttering.
- Craig is using what he learned. He’s slowly realizing that so much of what he learned is applicable in other areas of his life. Thanks again for everything. Parent of 16-year-old boy
- Andrea is doing so wonderfully. She has continued with the same amazing improvement we saw upon exiting the program. Her stuttering is so improved from before the program I find it miraculous. We are so happy and grateful for this gift. Parent of 16-year-old girl.
- I attended Susan Cochrane's 3-week intensive treatment program in 2012. I live in California. It was absolutely necessary that I follow-up with Susan over the following year. Telepractice allowed this to happen for me. We met consistently over connected internet opportunities which kept me moving forward and now I am managing my fluency needs independently. Together with the intensive, it was a successful program for me. Thanks so much Susan.
- Jordan's progress with Susan has been nothing short of amazing. Jordan's stuttering has been, at times, very severe. As a result of her therapy, Jordan is much more fluent and so much more confident as a person. I know that while the tangible progress is important, the impact that she has had on his self-esteem cannot be under-estimated. Parent of Jordan; 15 years.
- Susan is clearly an expert on disfluency and I would highly recommend her to anyone considering her services. Parent of Jordan; 15 years.
- Having worked with several other speech therapists, we immediately notice that Susan's relationship with our boys and our family would be different; she demonstrated an immense caring for our children, not just for their speech. She embraced a total care approach, incorporating my wife and I, and our other children, into the therapy sessions, which took place -by and large-in our home.
MATTHEW MITCHELL SCHOLARSHIP FUND IS ONCE AGAIN READY TO SPONSOR OTHERS WHO NEED HELP FOR FLUENCY DISORDERS
Scholarship is now available for both traditional and intensive programs. Talk to Susan Cochrane to see if you qualify. Read about it under What's New!