Welcome to Freedom to Speak
Susan Cochrane: Founder/Director
Susan is Board Certified as a Specialist in treating disorders of fluency including stuttering and cluttering.
Address: 8619 North Shore Drive
Honeoye, NY 14471
See us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stutterhelp?ref=hl
Check us out on Google+
Susan Cochrane is one of just 250 Board Certified Specialists treating people with disorders of fluency such as stuttering and cluttering in the United States. Susan has worked in the field of communication disorders for over 30 years. In 2009 she began specializing specifically in treating those who struggle most with stuttering. Stuttering treatment is for people of all ages. Therapy is designed for the needs of the individual, as all people who stutter do so differently and experience the challenges uniquely. Delivery of treatment services vary according to individual need. Options include individual and group treatment. Within the past few years, Telepractice (meeting with Susan over internet services) has become a popular way to get the needed therapy, especially when time and distance to travel is a factor. Again, depending on what works best for the individual, therapy may be delivered one-two times a week or intensively (multiple, consecutive days). Susan is highly knowledgeable in the field of stuttering (fluency disorders). She is warm, compassionate and motivational. Contact Susan to discuss how she may lead you to speak freely, with confidence and enjoyment.
What is Freedom to Speak?
Freedom to Speak is a specialized speech therapy practice, designed specifically for people with disorders of fluency; most commonly, stuttering and cluttering.
Stuttering is a complex, multidimensional problem. Because of this and the breadth of stuttering symptoms, it requires an individualized treatment plan that is tailored to the needs of each individual. Ms. Cochrane incorporates the most effective aspects of treatment philosophies and approaches to develop a plan specifically for each client. Ms. Cochrane believes it is possible for anyone to make positive changes in speech production, thoughts and attitudes, thus improving quality of life.
The Freedom to Speak office is located in New York State in the town of Honeoye, 30 miles south of Rochester in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York.
What are people saying about Susan and her programs?
- We're on vacation in TN and I wanted to write you a note and let you know how wonderful Juan is doing. He has been using his tools magnificently with the relatives we have been visiting. They specifically commented to him, unprompted, about how much more he has been talking and how well he has been communicating. He was beaming :). Parent of 15 year-old boy
- Craig is using what he learned. He’s slowly realizing that so much of what he learned is applicable in other areas of his life. Thanks again for everything. Parent of 16-year-old boy
- Andrea is doing so wonderfully. She has continued with the same amazing improvement we saw upon exiting the program. Her stuttering is so improved from before the program I find it miraculous. We are so happy and grateful for this gift. Parent of 16-year-old girl.
- I attended Susan Cochrane's 3-week intensive treatment program in 2012. I live in California. It was absolutely necessary that I follow-up with Susan over the following year. Telepractice allowed this to happen for me. We met consistently over connected internet opportunities which kept me moving forward and now I am managing my fluency needs independently. Together with the intensive, it was a successful program for me. Thanks so much Susan.
- Jordan's progress with Susan has been nothing short of amazing. Jordan's stuttering has been, at times, very severe. As a result of her therapy, Jordan is much more fluent and so much more confident as a person. I know that while the tangible progress is important, the impact that she has had on his self-esteem cannot be under-estimated. Parent of Jordan; 15 years.
- Susan is clearly an expert on disfluency and I would highly recommend her to anyone considering her services. Parent of Jordan; 15 years.
- Having worked with several other speech therapists, we immediately notice that Susan's relationship with our boys and our family would be different; she demonstrating an immense caring for our children, not just for their speech. She embraced a total care approach, incorporating my wife and I, and our other children, into the therapy sessions, which took place -by and large-in our home.
MATTHEW MITCHELL SCHOLARSHIP FUND IS ONCE AGAIN READY TO SPONSOR OTHERS WHO NEED HELP FOR FLUENCY DISORDERS
Scholarship is now available for both traditional and intensive programs. Talk to Susan Cochrane to see if you qualify. Read about it under What's New!